Sunday, November 13, 2016

It's not you, it's me.


To Angry America, I have to profess, I'm sacred. You see, as I watched your rallies and as I continue, on daily bases to see the hateful and callous way you have treated people that don't look like you, I grow scared. 

As I watch Pervert-elect, assemble a team of bigoted and sexiest individuals for his transition team, float possible cabinet members and Supreme court nominees, I grow scared.

As I watch Corey Lewandowski angrily assault Van Jones about a concessions, I grow scared.

As I see post on social media of Muslim women's Hijab's being pulled off,  Mexican children being  verbally assaulted about building a wall, my black brother and sister's openly being called niggers and threats of lynching, I grow scared.

Yes, I am scared….but not of you…I am scared of what I will do if you were to verbally assault (physical is a given) or try to intimidate me or my family. I am scared of what  I would do if you impede me, my family or other minorities from realizing their full potential as human beings. I am scared of what I will do if you disrupt my peaceful nature.

There are only two options. The first being to ignore you, move on and hope decent human beings will overcome. The second being, destroying you with every muscle fiber in my body. Neither of these options sit well with me.

There is a war, a war that was held in check with the election of President Obama, a war that was postponed with the prospect of Hillary Clinton being elected….but not with you…..inside of my soul. Between the side that has seen peaceful solutions work, but also, the side the says they should have learned their lesson. The side that says being a man is about knowing when to fight and when to forgive flawed human beings.

I know many of fellow brothers and sisters have already ended their war landing on one side or the other.

I believe my war is coming to an end, and I grow scared.




No comments: